Friday 17 August 2018

Daily photo round-up (11)

What a week it's been - all the birthdays:
On the 14th - Toby was 2 and boy did he have a lovely time with all the cuddles and no grooming, even though he needed it! For dinner he had a fancy pate from the posh section in the supermarket and loved it!
On the 15th it was 2 lady friend's birthdays
On the 16th it was Uncle Jim's Birthday
and today, the 17th it was mine!
and tomorrow the 18th, is another friends - WOW Leo's are cool right now, hahaha.

For me, my birthday was lovely and I was spoilt rotten and had the most fab time at the Ulster-American Folk park, even though it was raining. Andrew and I smiled a lot and giggled as we ran from house to house and had a gorgeous dinner out. Toby was at his granny's stealing rich tea biscuits, aha. But anyway, it was also simply a Friday and thus photo-a-day round up day (with Fat Mum Slim...)

 Day 11 - Cheeky

A cheeky As treat of an apple and cinnamon scone with butter AND jam. Naughty.


 Day 12 - upside down
Reflections on the water blur the line of whats up and whats down


 Day 13 - eyes

The beautiful simple lines of Japanese style eyes on a kokeshi doll.



Day 14 - edge

Her Majesty the Queen balancing on a pound coin on the edge my notebook and the edge of the coffee table. Thrill seeker!


 Day 15 - animal

Met this darling donkey a few months ago, he melted my heart.


 Day 16 - toppings

If you ask me, a good flat cap is the most excellent of toppings to one's head!



Day 17 - something warm

A traditional Irish cottage open peat fire on a dreich day - nothing more inviting or instantly warming as we found out today.


LOVED IT TODAY
Hope you had a great Friday too and a very merry weekend to you all
Carrie xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post and pictures. Good to see that you enjoyed your birthday. I have a flat cap, it's the only hat I wear. Thanks, and you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the liking of my photos and your birthday wishes. Flat caps are wonderful, I bought mine years ago in a good old Farmers shop (not a posh one - one that sells cattle grids and sheep dip etc, haha) I love it - perfect for an autumn day at the allotment. I am sure you look spiffing in yours :)

      Delete
  2. Sweetie I am so sorry I didn't know your birthday happened yesterday .. HAPPY BIRTHDAY in a belated but so well wished way : ) ... I am so glad you had a great day and enjoyed yourself !!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxx ooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!
    Joy
    Love that traditional Irish open fire : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Mamma Joy, I had a lovely day and I thank you for you wishes. I'll write a wee bit about the day and my plans for the next year to come in another post.
      I love peat fires so much! :)

      Delete
  3. Have a lovely birthday and belated cuddles for Toby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Toby wasn't a part of my birthday day out and ever since he has been very clingy, haha - what a cutie x

      Delete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x