Thursday 28 March 2019

Just me


beautiful catkins on the birch

It's all go around here today with washing outside on most people's lines and the noise of lawn mowers filling the lazy air now and then. I've been outside myself, to put our own bedclothes on the line and marvel at the beautiful birch tree while Toby does his security detail -  making sure no other dog has been in his sacred space since he was last out. He gives off a few barks to remind everyone how fierce he is.
the last of the tulips in a pot
The birds are singing merrily and eating their fill now that Andrew has both mixed seeds and peanuts out for them (they are well looked after!). There isn't much else happening in the garden at the moment, things are growing and buds are fat but the daffs are going over and the tulips are rather tatty round the edges. We'll need to get some little plants to brighten up the place again; fill my little stepped display.

I have been fighting hard and we had a lovely hike last weekend and have a 2 day hike organised for this weekend. Plus we are ready to tackle that allotment and get some seeds planted! The potatoes weren't even done, per tradition, on St Patrick's day as it was simply too wet and too cold. I can't wait to get there, really. I have high hopes for the blossoming trees and the new garlic and broad beans.

Now we're getting into the summer-y vibes. It's time to plant, grow, get healthy and be happy.

Hugs and love
Carrie xx

11 comments:

  1. The birds are really in full singing mode now aren’t they? It’s great to work surrounded by birdsong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh aren't they just, it is joyous. I love birds so much at this time of year what happy heralds of spring! xx

      Delete
  2. A lovely positive post, and I wholeheartedly agree with the last sentence.
    Enjoy your weekend, and happy plotting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Flighty. We are ready to go for it tomorrow and the council has even laid on free skips for the weekend - yay! Happy plotting to you too xx

      Delete
  3. Hello Carrie girl .. you are way ahead of us here, we are still in cold wet crappy weather ... Spring seems so far off still I truly wonder if it will ever arrive !
    But ? ... A robin or robins have been singing like mad .. maybe they know something I don't ? LOL
    Glad to hear you are doing some hiking .. hope you are truly enjoying it and not working too hard at it.
    Good luck with the allotment .. you two always work so hard and lovingly at it .. Toby does his bit too? LOL ... Take care sweetie !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mamma Joy! Spring IS COMING fear not! I love robins, they are so very friendly here and love to bounce around the edges of the gardening :)
      I am enjoying the hiking and have been pushing hard but only in a good way. Our motto is 'hike your own hike!'
      Toby works extremely hard, how very dare you put that question mark there, haha xxx

      Delete
  4. Spring blossom on my FB from family in Devon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL .. I saw a lady walking what could have been Toby's brother today near some stores and I thought of you guys ! .. I made the mistake of peeking at my hellebore bed ... it was a nightmare ... such carnage I haven't seen in years from such horrible weather goblins .. I truly wonder what will become of my garden.
    Yeah !!! I love the motto ! .. how is the yoga going ? .. I am very proud of my progress with the Yin yoga.
    It is a marvelous tool in my almost empty tool box .. wink wink ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have swiftly killed the only hellebores I ever had - so at least you can blame the weather globins :) Yoga is going good - hatha yoga for me, everything is slowly improving (slowly!). So glad yin is doing you good xxx

      Delete
  6. So glad that you are back!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x