Tuesday 29 October 2019

A triumphant plot departure

OK, before I tell you a single plot thing or show you one photograph we must address a very unexpected and wonderful piece of allotment related news...

This past Saturday I walked home from an afternoon at the plots by myself! All alone, on my lonesome, unaccompanied and indeed, solo. WHAT? Yes my friends it is possible, though it has taken me a good few years now to even think of trying. I did it, I survived and I may even do it again 😌
****
 a fern - A Stubborn Optimist - an ecotherapy blog - C.Gault 2019
cheeky fern
It was a cold day and though the sky was blue there had been a lot of rain the night before = a soggy field of plots. Never mind though; we had plans to enact and dreams to conjure up about our little slice of Eden.
the blueberry bed - A Stubborn Optimist - an ecotherapy blog - C.Gault 2019
Toby guarding the weeds and my bag at the blueberry bed

the tree path- A Stubborn Optimist - an ecotherapy blog - C.Gault 2019
Toby at the path between the trees
I finished off weeding the blueberries (finally) and got the areas under the apple trees and path cleared too. It doesn't sound like much but boy it was a hot mess and the weeds were wicked and had long roots.
rotten apples - A Stubborn Optimist - an ecotherapy blog - C.Gault 2019
rotten apples at all stages of decay under the trees
Andrew finished his bed too which was mainly grassed over and then he tackled the external paths (those between the different plots) and used the strimmer the hack back the knee high grass there. The whole place is a lot safer now.
plot as I left - A Stubborn Optimist - an ecotherapy blog - C.Gault 2019

Next up we thought about our hedge and tree options for the make over. Plus this coming weekend there shall be skips on site and we have a lot to get rid off so we're really looking forward to it.

See you soon,
Hugs,
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. I've lost the knack of walking solo. We are usually two along the beach, and a group on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my mental health problems I NEVER walk solo, it's too scary. But only on that Saturday did I manage to do it and by a busy road. I want to walk out by myself but I just can't.
    In saying that I have done Belfast city centre by myself a few times now but I have hiding places ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you and well done. Work on the plot at this time of year, such as you've done, will certainly pay dividends next year.
    Take care, and hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, I think a town centre is far more scary so double well.done!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x