Thursday 7 June 2018

Hayfever Nightmare

At present I wish I could live inside a bubble, a lovely big sparkly, bouncy bubble that would protect me from all the unbearable, sneeze inducing, eye-watering dastardly pollen. Pollen why do you hate me so?

Hayfever cartoon, heavily influenced by Elena Upton - Carrie Gault 2018
Hayfever cartoon, heavily influenced by Elena Upton

My symptoms include :
* itchy, burny, watery eyes *
* sneezing *
*  a runny or sometimes blocked nose *
* an dry, itchy roof of the mouth, throat, nose and ears *
* sinus headaches *

What about you dear reader? Are you suffering even with all the medicines, tips and old wives's tales out there. If so, I feel your pain  -  you are not alone! Even Toby was sneezing yesterday when we quickly went out for a little bit to bathe in the wisteria blossom: it's deadly out there - however little dog sneezes are super cute!

Currently we are in a 'High' here in NI and I just want rain - sweet refreshing rain..... 


Love and hugs *aachooo* from a polite distance
Carrie x

4 comments:

  1. My sympathies. I used to suffer badly in my teens but thankfully grew out of it. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mike I didn't know that it could go by itself. Mine is getting worse each year, haha. Glad you can get out and about in this good weather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully hay fever is something I don’t suffer from athough oil seed rape affects me but strangely not this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May your summer free of sneezes and watery eyes etc continue dear Sue! I'm currently in the throes of all the symptoms and want to scream my head off, haha.

      Delete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x