Wednesday 20 June 2018

honest truth

I don't know what to do, what to say, what to be, because I'm a mess. I need to get out of this house but I can't - I'm too scared. So, instead I stay inside these four walls and listen to all the noise out there and wrap myself in a literal blanket pretending I don't exist.

Oh a lot of the time I am cleaning, reading, messing about with Toby or sleeping during the working day but mostly I lose time. I go somewhere in my head, no, I go to a nowhere in my head and just let the hours pass. My life is something I wait for to pass.


I want to say that, when it works, Ecotherapy allows me to simply let go and be. Nature is in charge and knows when to do things, she has a rhythm and a force that she lives by. Surrounded by Nature's embrace I feel safe knowing its in control.

But.
Still, the anxiety comes along for each journey, the depression taunts me and often I feel unsafe, exposed and vulnerable. I am in this house alone too much, for too long. I thus end up craving the safety of the 'known' even if it is hellish - I return to my blanket and lock the door behind me.

Yours
Carrie

12 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. Take care and hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!
      Your kind words really did help xxx

      Delete
  2. If you feel safe - then stay safe, when time returns to you - you step out knowing you passed through to the other side. enjoy walking Toby, breathe air and feel ready to cope until you get that need for your blanket. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you know exactly what to say - thank you for having such empathy xxx

      Delete
  3. Still and again - thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. big love to you Diana - I'm feeling stronger today xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hello! How lovely to hear from you, gosh, it's been so long! I hope you are well xx
      Thank you for the hugs - they are greatly appreciated x

      Delete
  5. Hug the rug and the dog.
    Sometimes its OK not to fight. Annie G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie! Thank you, thank you, thank you - you understand! I love you xx

      Delete
    2. You've helped me look at my own situation and know I can try /fail to deal with it, depending on what day it is. I love you too xx

      Delete
  6. Sending a whole lotta love and hugs your way!

    Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x