Friday 22 June 2018

Daily photo challenge (3) - June books

So as you know this week has been a very mixed bundle of emotions, generally poor ones but with a dizzying high last Sunday. Here is the week in book photographs from the prompts on Instagram to begin with. Oh and DO NOT tell me anything about day 17's book - I haven't read it yet, I'm still crawling through the tome that is Anna Karenina..


 Day 15 - Most surprising plot twist/ending


Day 16 - Book + face 


Day 17 - Your newest book 


Day 18 - Favourite character


Day 19 - Pastel book covers


Day 20  - Begins with B
Bill Bryson Books and a Bottle of Bretton Breizh in a Billy Bookcase. All in Black and white.


Day 21 - Freebie
This beautiful book was gifted to us by the ever glorious James Alexander Sinclair


Day 22 - Bookshelf
all my Penguin English Classics in a row - just about fit them all in 😊


So there you have it. I'm enjoying doing this and the little community on line is lovely - everyone loves books; they are fabulous.
****
My highlight of the week was definitely Sunday which was our Wedding Anniversary - 13 years! Andrew and I went out for dinner, had cocktails and listened to live jazz. I got to dress up too and wore makeup, all in all it was a particularly satisfying evening :)
****
Well, today is a lovely day and I've just taken some photos of Toby in the back garden sunning himself, thank goodness that lawnmower has stopped and it's all peace and bird song out there. 

Wishing you a fantastic weekend!
Much love
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. A happy, and rather belated, anniversary. This is another interesting selection of books and good pictures.
    Thanks, and you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much - 13 years is not to sniffed at, is it? i should have made more of it but we just did it nice and quietly xx
      I LOVE my books, this has only been a fraction of what I have - seriously addicted to lovely books.
      Love you, I mean it x

      Delete
    2. You're most welcome. No it certainly isn't, and nice and quietly sounds good to me.
      Good for you, I'm a lifelong bookbuff thanks to my mum.
      You've got me blushing! xx

      Delete
  2. Day 22 is a promising row of colours. Lots of good reading tucked in there.
    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie ! Belated HAPPY Anniversary to you and Andrew ! .. so glad you got out to enjoy it : )
    Your previous post of how you feel in our house struck such a cord with me as well .. it is my security and an almost prison as well .. but for me more of a safe haven at my age. So I tend to have more positive feelings about it ? .. I just downloaded a trio of Pearl S. Buck books .. funny how after so many years you want to re-read wonderful authors .. books are wonderful devices to lose yourself in .. time escapes you with them and that isn't such a bad thing.
    I hope you get some more eco therapy soon .. I know I have to wedge myself out of the house and in the garden soon ! Take care sweetie !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x