Tuesday 12 June 2018

in the garden

Behold!  This is gorgeousness - this is wonder - this is going to be eaten very soon 😋

 my triumphant double strawberry - the first berry of the season 

So since I last wrote I have been down and out with hayfever and the cold, the latter of which Andrew has now caught off me. Poor thing. But despite all that I have been busy and pushing myself to go outside a little everyday. I have a project - 'Clean the back garden'!

So it did look like this....
the 'before' photo of the clean up operation

And now with the help of Mamma G's power hose (so much fun!) I have all the patio done; but it just makes the gravel and the walls of the raised beds look so much worse. *rolls eyes* So no photos until I get that sorted out next. Then of course we still need garden furniture and a new climber in a sexy pot etc etc... One day we will be happy, that day will probably coincide with us putting the house up for sale for some such thing, haha.


Are these adore little nemesias laughing at me? - they look like they are in my mind. I feel like they were maybe featured in the Alice in Wonderland cartoon when I was little and they were laughing. I'm probably wrong - so much mucus on my brain.

Love and hugs
Carrie
xx

Oh, I am really going to push for a quick visit to the allotment tonight, keep your fingers crossed.

13 comments:

  1. Your double strawberry made me chuckle as my brain 'saw' it as a pair of magnificent red flannel bloomers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha - yes, bloomers! Did you draw your hare avatar? I can't seem to find out anything about you and your art.

      Delete
    2. Hi Carrie, yes my hare is on a piece of slate, did him a couple of years ago and still regret selling him! - I am on kjsart.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Hope that you managed that plot visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue - the dastardly cold has got both of us in it's grip and last night we were simply too ill. Tonight there's a storm coming so my return may be further delayed. Sad times x

      Delete
  3. I hope that you enjoyed the strawberry. Lovely nemesias. Happy gardening and plotting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really will have to pick it this afternoon. It's just so darn pretty on the plant against the terracotta and those beautiful leaves! Aren't nemesias happy little flowers :) Oh and all my musicbox sunflowers have germinated beautifully - hugs! x

      Delete
  4. Iffy weather here too.
    Tomorrow in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iffy tonight and tomorrow, sad times! But maybe Sunday afternoon will be ok - we must be hopeful!

      Delete
  5. Hello there sweetie ! .. now I am seeing a gorgeous pair of red "bloomers" too ! haha
    I know it must have taken a lot of effort to begin/do that cleaning .. you are so ahead of me on that count for my back garden .. my excuse is I have to get the "final" bags of mulch for the front garden before I can shove the wheelbarrow underneath the deck out of sight (with the peat moss bag and assorted sundries) to tidy up the back garden .. let alone drag all the supports out to get the big plants upright again .. just thinking about it seems impossible ? haha
    Those nemesia are SO cute ! they do look like they are laughing .. too funny !
    Sorry about the cold and HF .. I am constantly with a tissue in my hands as well .. what would it be like not to have a blinking red nose most of the year I wonder ? haha
    Good luck with the plot visit .. I know you will get out there eventually .. take care !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I know what's it's like - getting started is the worst part. I'm now in a bit of a lull as we both have the cold and haven't wanted to be outside and do work. Still much to be done and now the weather gone poor for a couple of days! Grr. We'll get there in the end xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my. That strawberry looks absolutely scrumptious! Especially fetching next to alyssum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssums are so unbelievably cute - they improve all photos, ahha! xxx

      Delete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x