Friday 15 June 2018

Daily photo challenge (2) - June books

Jeepers! It's been a week already and here we are back for some more book themed photographs in keeping with the 'Booktopia' Instagram June challenge. I had to check the date twice there, it feels like a Wednesday to me - which means I missed writing up my 'love letter to a strawberry' post 2 days ago. Damn it, I'll do it for the weekend.

Anyway here we go:
Day 8 - Book with 'girl' in the title


Day 9 - A Classic 
(Good grief Homer is incredible - though I do prefer The Odyssey) 

 Day 10 - A male protagonist 


Day 11 - A book recommended to you.

(Recommended by my hubby and yep, I loved it.)


Day 12  - Your favourite series. 

Day 13 - a book tower!


Day 14 - A green book
The Well Tempered Garden bought second hand from a National Trust book shop but woah! it has a Great Dixter address label inside it and it's signed by the man himself (1978)!

* There it is creeping into the last photo - my gorgeous, triumphant double strawberry. I shall write my short love letter to it now and post it tomorrow. It had been the closest to any gardening done this week as we both have had a bloomin' awful cold and the allotment has felt like it may as well be atop a mountain; we just haven't been able to go. Hopefully that shall change soon.

Much love
Carrie xx

P.S. What are you reading at the moment??

2 comments:

  1. A most enjoyable' post, and good pictures, showing some interesting books. That sure is an impressive pile of gardening ones. I'm between books at the moment and undecided what to read next.
    Happy reading. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books do grow and multiply. don't they!

    Death of grass is dystopian? Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x