Monday 10 December 2018

My Festive Belfast

Well you can't expect a girl to miss out on the fun of the festive season and devote herself only to the cold and damp allotment or an arduous hike in the wilderness! No this girl must be free to explore the urban sights and scenes too 😁. Just because I'm not a fan of Christmas with its societal pressures, need to spend money to show love and the pretence that your mental illnesses have gone for the holidays, doesn't mean I don't love me a sparkly, twinkly decorated place, like the next person....


So yesterday was a clear and chilly day which we grabbed by both hands and went to Belfast with our cameras. I'm really loving street photography, I wouldn't say it's easy or I'm an good but here are some of my photos. Make a wee warm drink, grab a blankie and let the warm and fuzzy feels start...

My favourite hotel entrance ever - love that mural and those doors!
Bangor Rugby Club singing carols for charity - topless!

the first gorgeous wee dog I saw with her owner
Favourite shop window - love the retro paper chains
Into the Continental Market with it's many stalls and tall people 
Little detail on the stall front at a wood carvers
The Helter Skelter seemed loved by young and old
Second wee dog of the afternoon - cute
Roasting marshmallows on an open fire - a happy memory for the future
Being a stall holder can make you a little 'humbug' I know I ran one for years
Never a truer word was written 😊 🐕
Last stunning dog of the day, chillin' with its owner
Massive German sausages were the go to food for most - they're huge!
The Helter Skelter reflected in a bar window with the words 'Nollaig Shona' (Happy Christmas in Irish)

There we go for now. We had a great time and though Andrew works close to the City Hall where the Continental Market is held, we both want to go up again one night soon and take more cherry twinkly photos and maybe meet some more dogs.

Love and hugs
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. A nice happy seasonal post and lovely pictures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are all the dogs poodles or just some sort of oodle or poo? The rugby players should be blue with cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the second one is a mini poodle and the others are, as you sweetly put it, oodles or poos 😄

      Delete
  3. Woh I your content, saved to favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x