Friday 4 October 2019

Daily photo challenge update (week 5)

It's Friday already and time for another fabulous photograph roundup :) The Fat Mum Slim September prompts finished with these being the last few, below.

A Stubborn Optimist - an ecotherapy blog by Carrie Gault 2019' Currently reading'
Currently reading... North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. Almost finished in fact.

A Stubborn Optimist - an ecotherapy blog by Carrie Gault 2019 'What's my name?'
What's my name??? 😂🤣

A Stubborn Optimist - an ecotherapy blog by Carrie Gault 2019 'my inspiration'
My inspiration is...everywhere!
In capturing moments of beauty (big and small) to help me cope with mental ill health.

October is a free choice month which basically means you can take a photograph of whatever you wish but you have to do a new one every day. This means we're getting to see the things that really tickle people and most photographs are a little more personal. I prefer the challenges better when everyone has their own take on the same subject however.

*******

Our garlic bulbs arrived - hoorah! We got 'Solent Wight' again this time from Simply Seed and have high hopes that unlike last year's batch (supplier?) they we love our allotment and do excellently well. It's been sad not having our own supply this year - it seems the plot now has all the diseases going and the soil is poorer but we have plans to change that. It was reassuring to read the Sarah Raven called this variety 'the best of all British garlic varieties which does well in our colder, greyer climes'.

Solent Wight Garlic by Simply Seed  (A Stubborn Optimist - an ecotherapy blog by Carrie Gault 2019)

We also got lots of tulips to plant there and at home and some gorgeous tete-a-tetes.
That's part of our weekend ahead though.

I hope you are all well and happy,
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Good post and pictures. I look to seeing your October pictures.
    I'm okay and reasonably happy thanks. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve lots of tuli-s to plant too. I planted tote a tote in pots until I clear the parts of the garden they are destined for. I take photos most days but rarely just one 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x