Monday 23 July 2018

Moleskine Gardening Journal - Review with photos

Moleskine Passions Gardening Journal front cover - Carrie Gault 2018

I LOVE Moleskine notebooks, I own lots and they are filled with notes, reviews, holiday diaries and mementos. I just think they are one of the best notebooks out there, full stop. I am a self confessed stationery freak and boy I love me a sturdy, quality paper (acid free paper that doesn't bleed through) hardback book for my very important jottings. When I was asked to review the Passions Gardening Journal, I said YES in a heartbeat. 

**********
Moleskine Passions Gardening Journal  front cover (embossing) - Carrie Gault 2018

It has a beautiful hard cover, understated but lovely to the touch especially with all the embossed gardening inspired artwork. (so nice to run your hands over).  

* The 13 x 21 cm size is great and the inside the lay out is very impressive and intuitive:  

* 5 themed sections to add your notes to, including Garden Log, Design, Plant, Tools Visits.***

Moleskine Passions Gardening Journal  internal layout - Carrie Gault 2018

* 5 tabbed sections to personalise with design grids, plant care records, hardness zones and plant/pot information.
Moleskine Passions Gardening Journal ribbon bookmarks and stickers - Carrie Gault 2018

* There are over 240 pages, 200 stickers for highlighting points of special interest and a fabulous expandable inner pocket to keep labels and such in close proximity for when you require them again.

Moleskine Passions Gardening Journal internal pocket - Carrie Gault 2018

 This seems great for those who are disciplined/ or want to become disciplined at making important notes of all things gardening, there is so much scope and extra tabs you can use for whatever you want. I know, at times, it may be quicker and easier to just look something up online but on many an occasion it's great to have a tailored journal of your journey all there in the one place.

***********

We can't wait to get using ours and already I have desires to add photos of all the best crops we got this year despise the extreme weather conditions (see below) . I want to note down the seed producer and prices, the hard landscaping we did and have somewhere to draw out the layout of the plot, as it changes slowly every year. I have my favourite pens at the ready... I'll let you know what it's really like after using it for a few months...

NB: I was not paid for this review, though I was given a free copy of the journal for myself. All views are my own and are genuine. This journal can be purchased for around £13 online but look around and you may find a bargain 😊

Hugs and love
Carrie

P.S. It would work great in tandem with Lia Leendertz's The Almanac: A Seasonal Guide to 2018 (which I know is going to be out re-imagined for 2019!)

6 comments:

  1. A good review. This journal would be an ideal gift for any gardener who is keen on jotting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Flighty, I think this is a beauty though I fear I'm not disciplined enough to keep it going for long xx

      Delete
  2. I must admit I rarely use paper these days. My notebooks are electronic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I use my phone a heck of a lot as a notebook but for me nothing beats having stationery and pens when jotting down memories and important notes :)

      Delete
  3. in this digital age gone mad, there is nothing like a traditional notebook for down on the plot. if you drop it it doesn't break, if it rains .... it will get damp but it will dry out and you can still use it, how many smart phones and tablets can do that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be great for my partner he green fingers mad. But it forgets when he planted or what he planted sometimes. This would help him to stay organisated. Instragm user gemma dillyskilly

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x