Sunday 26 August 2018

National Dogs' Day

To celebrate National Dogs' Day I thought I would share some photographs of yesterday's hike from Ballynure to Ballyboley Forest and back with Andrew and TOBY!

Having completed this actually ticks the Antrim Hills off our Ulster Way Walk and thus tips us over the half way mark of the Ulster Way in total - yippee! And who cares about the absolute agony it had me in - I am crushing the Way under my very sore back and blistered foot *insert maniacal laughter here*

So, the photographs...
View from Ballyboley Forest - Carrie Gault 2018
 the mid way point and finally the sun comes out - hurrah! This was our view, our wee country isn't so bad, right? we had walked from the lowest point in the valley to here, all up hill!
Collage of a hike - Carrie Gault 2018
 Collages of some of the beautiful scenes I captured on the way back down 
Collage of a hike 2 - Carrie Gault 2018

Toby the dog; such a good boy - Carrie Gault 2018
My beautiful boy - he loves walking in the long grass verges

My best wishes for a happy Bank Holiday Monday. We are hoping to go hiking again - crazy I know, but you only live once 😉

Hugs Carrie x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post and pictures. Thanks, and you too. I'd of thought that you would have a lazy day today in view of that slightly arduous hike. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we didn't end up hiking again over the long weekend; Andrew did but my back was a disaster. Still we kept busy and you know better as usual Mike, I really ought to have rested. I have been very ill these past two days :( I never learn xx

      Delete
  2. One of my least favourite walking positions ‘uphill’.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, it's not one of my favourites either but then downhill can be just as bad!

      Delete

Please leave a little nugget of happiness in the form of a comment - don't forget to put your name at the end if using 'anonymous' setting x